Glenfarclas 60 Years Old
Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge

Glenfarclas 60 Years Old

J & G Grant are delighted to announce the launch of the 60 Year Old Glenfarclas. Only 360 bottles of this incredibly desirable, rare single malt whisky will be produced offering a unique opportunity to acquire one of the oldest bottles ever released by this iconic family owned distillery.

Officially launched on the 3rd of April 2014 at the Nth Whisky Show in Las Vegas by George Grant, Glenfarclas’ Sales Director and 6th generation of the family, it was rolled out across other key markets over the following months.

George Grant says, ‘At a time when more and more distilleries are going down the no age statement route for their super premium products, we are delighted to be able to release this magnificent 60 year old Glenfarclas. My grandfather started laying down stocks for the future way back in the 50s, so it is thanks to his incredible foresight that we are able to bottle this today. I’m sure he would have been as impressed by it as I am.

Matured in a first fill sherry butt, it has an incredibly dark, rich mahogany colour. It is surprisingly vibrant with lots of dried fruits, demerara sugar and spice coming through on the nose as well as the rich, oaky tannins that one would expect from a whisky of this venerable age. The sherry influence really comes through on the palate, with rich treacle, bitter coffee and espresso notes all making an appearance. The finish is the longest I have ever experienced – 20 minutes later you will still be able to taste the subtle nuances of this incredible dram.

The long family history and heritage is reflected in the packaging; a bespoke cut crystal decanter mirrors the shape of the classic Glenfarclas bottle while each side of the hexagonal presentation box represents one of the 6 generations of the Grant family to own and manage the distillery since 1865.

This is a truly exceptional bottle that will be sure to delight whisky aficionados around the globe. 

• 43.3% alc. /vol
  • 700ml

Please note: Total weight of this decanter with packaging is 11kg

Finished

16-06-2015 20:00

Winning Bid: £ 9,500.00

Reserve met