Macallan Masters of Photography - Steven Klein El Celler De Can Roca
Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge

Macallan Masters of Photography - Steven Klein El Celler De Can Roca

Speyside single malt Macallan has unveiled the sixth instalment of its Masters of Photography series, this time in collaboration with photographer Steven Klein.

Inspired by the concept of ‘time’, only 1,000 bottles of the Masters of Photography: Steven Klein expression, bottled at 53.5% abv, were released globally.
Created by Macallan Master whisky maker Bob Dalgarno, the release is the brand’s first use of ex-Rioja wine casks, which are said to impart flavours of sweet berries and spices, as well as an ‘unusual pinkish red colour’.

Each pack includes a black presentation case, one of 10 different Steven Klein exclusive signed prints and a selection of custom barware tools, inspired by the Roca brothers of the El Celler de Can Roca restaurant in Spain. The bottle stopper has been fashioned to look like a horse’s head.

First launched in 2008, previous participants in the Masters of Photography series include Annie Leibowitz, Elliott Erwitt and Mario Testino.

Klein said: ‘My intention was to examine a world standing still through a moving camera. Typically, with consumption of alcohol, there is always an abundance of movement. I thought, what if it had all stopped for a moment and I could take a closer look at it. The idea is the perception of time.

‘I used one of my favourite designers, Thom Brown, for the characters because I believe his clothes are bridged between the past and future in a great way.’

Finished

20-08-2017 20:00

Winning Bid: £ 1,950.00

Reserve met
  • Strength: 53.5%
  • Bottle Size: 700ml
  • Distillery / Blender: Macallan
  • Region: Speyside
  • Cask Type: Ex-Rioja Wine
  • Lot Type: Full Size
  • Approximate Volumetric Weight (!): 20kg
  • Please Note ! : Refer to images for general condition