Macallan Masters of Photography - Mario Testino Edition
Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge

Macallan Masters of Photography - Mario Testino Green Edition

The Macallan has named Mario Testino as its fifth master of photography. Mario Testino is known for his vivid style and iconic photographs; his famous subjects include Princess Diana, Kate Moss and Cara Delevigne.

Testino has now turned his lens to The Macallan for the Macallan Masters of Photography: Mario Testino Edition. The collaboration features a unique single malt whisky, and a selection of photographs by Testino that represent the six individual personalities of the Macallan pillars.

Mario Testino comments, “Whisky was the choice of drink in my country during the years I was growing up. When I was approached by The Macallan to take part in the Masters of Photography Series I decided to capture the moment when people get together to celebrate, in the atmosphere of a whisky environment – a whisky club!”

The whisky brings together six unique casks in order to create the Masters of Photography: Mario Testino Edition. Each of these six whiskies has its own character, aroma and flavour that represents one of the Macallan pillars.

Bob Dalgarno, master whisky maker, selected these six casks from the 200,000 that are maturing at The Macallan distillery. He then layered the blends to create a unique expression.

Ken Grier, Director of The Macallan, says, “As one of the world’s truly great whiskies, we seek to collaborate with the best photographers in the world; not just those who have the technical ability, but something more. The Macallan Masters of Photography is about the personal touch; we work with photographers with whom we have a shared passion to create beautiful collectables. Mario’s emotional engagement, coupled with the level of his creative involvement, heralds an evolution of the role of the Master in the Masters of Photography series, one which has brought about an exciting visual celebration of our fundamental Six Pillars. Not only is he a historically important giant in contemporary photography, his elegance, charm and gentlemanly approach to creating this ultimate party have made him both a joy and an inspiration to work with.”

The Macallan Masters of Photography series has previously featured collaborations with photographers such as Rankin, Albert Watson, Elliot Erwitt and Annie Leibovitz.

Only 1,000 of bottles are available for purchase worldwide and each comes in a black lacquered presentation box designed together with Testino. Each case features one of four iconic shots taken by Testino.

Included in the presentation box is a photo-archival booklet with 20 images from the shoot, a bottle of single malt whisky and six miniatures from each of the selected casks, hidden in a secret compartment. 

Finished

13-09-2015 20:00

Final Bid: £ 1,725.00

Reserve not met
  • Strength: 46.6% vol
  • Bottle Size: 700ml
  • Distillery / Blender: Macallan
  • Region: Speyside
  • Lot Type: Full Size
  • Approximate Volumetric Weight (!): 20kg