Hazelburn 18 Years Old - Refill Sherry Butt - Duty Paid Sample
Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge
  • Hazelburn 18 Years Old - Refill Sherry Butt - Duty Paid Sample
  • Hazelburn 18 Years Old - Refill Sherry Butt - Duty Paid Sample

Hazelburn 18 Years Old - Refill Sherry Butt - Duty Paid Sample

A special bottle for Springbank Society Members.

Dear Society Members, 

This email is only being sent to the Society Members who attended the Springbank Society Tasting on Wednesday 20th May 2015, during the Campbeltown Malts Festival. If you did not attend this tasting, please ignore this email. 

By now, you should have received my first email explaining the disaster with the whisky you all chose to be bottled for the Autumn Society release. Incase that mail has not reached you yet, heartbreakingly when we regauged the cask to find out how many bottles we were going to get, we noticed there had been a bad leak meaning we were not going to get a sufficient number to satisfy demand. I was so, so disappointed when told about this, as I know you will all be too. 

Because of this, we had to find a new cask to be bottled for the general Society release and luckily we managed to find a delicious Springbank 18 year old, matured in a Re-charred Sherry Butt. It was distilled in July 1997 and bottled in September 2015, has been bottled at a cask strength of 58.9% abv and is limited to 502 bottles. The cost of this bottling is £90.00 and because this is a bigger cask than our recent Society releases, members will be able to purchase two bottles per person. 

I know many of you were very excited about the cask which was chosen during the Malts Festival so we have also bottled the remainder of that cask and everyone who attended the tasting will now have the opportunity to buy a bottle. 

Just a reminder, the cask which was chosen was a Hazelburn 18 year old Refill Sherry Butt, distilled in July 1997 and bottled at a cask strength of 54.4% abv. We managed to get 132 bottles from the cask and it has been bottled into the usual glass bottle used for Society bottlings but does not have the usual Society label. Instead, we have labelled it with the Duty Paid Sample labels (the same labels that we use for our ‘cage’ bottles in the Campbeltown Cadenhead’s Whisky Shop ).

If you would like to order a bottle/s of the exclusive Hazelburn 18yo then just let me know and I can get this organised for you.

Sláinte,
Mairi 

Mairi Paterson 

For the Springbank Society

Finished

15-11-2015 20:00

Winning Bid: £ 395.00

• Strength: 54.4%
  • Bottle Size: 70 cl
  • Distillery / Blender: Springbank (Longrow)
  • Distillery Status: Closed / Silent
  • Region: Campbeltown
  • Cask Type: Refill Sherry Cask
  • Lot Type: Full Size