Macallan 51 Year Old 1948 - Select Reserve
An outstanding Macallan from their very rare & collectable Select Reserve range. Distilled in 1948 and matured exclusively in Sherry oak casks for 51 long years before being bottled at cask strength. Every bottle and the accompanying certificate bears its very own unique date, corresponding to 1 of the 366 days of 1948 - a leap year - so no two bottles are ever the same.
The bottle is presented in a beautifully finished hand-turned wooden tube, crafted from a single piece of the very finest sherry wood. Along with certificate of guarantee, signed by the Distillery Manager David G Robertson. The lot also comes with original outer tube and cardboard box.
One of only 366 bottles.
Winning Bid: £ 18,500.00Reserve met
- Strength: 46.6%
- Bottle Size: 70 cl
- Distillery / Blender: Macallan
- Region: Speyside
- Bottler: Official Bottling
- Bottle No: 11th February
- Number Bottles Produced: 366
- Cask Type: Sherry
- Lot Type: Full Size
- Approximate Shipping Weight (!): 3.0kg
- Please Note: Comes with original certificate of authenticity, cardboard tube and outer case.